Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Some info about this gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some info about this gun

    Sorry, but it is nothing like a Lee-Enfield. I should know as I own one in .303.
    My guess is a foreign make, as I've not seen anything in past American historical arms that look anything like it. Definitely a "trap-door" design, but its not like any Springfields I've ever seen either (I also once owned a 45-70 Springfield).
    Something that interesting might be worth a letter with accompanying photos to the NRA's magazine, "American Rifleman". Their staff is quite knowledgeable when it comes to odd finds in the firearms world. I'll do some more research in my own books to see if I come up with anything.

    This site will show you what a Lee-Enfield looks like:

    http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/leenfld.htm
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some info about this gun

    You know I get American Rifleman every month and I never even though about doing that (man do I feel dumb [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).
    I am sure that it is foreign made.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some info about this gun

    Send me a pm with any words or markings that are on it. I've been looking ever since I read your post, but can't find anything like it. Can you tell: what caliber, centerfire or rimfire, single shot or repeater?
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some info about this gun

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Something that interesting might be worth a letter with accompanying photos to the NRA's magazine, "American Rifleman". Their staff is quite knowledgeable when it comes to odd finds in the firearms world. I'll do some more research in my own books to see if I come up with anything.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    NRA would be a great way to go in finding out about it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •